This page will attempt to answer some common questions surrounding therapy – along with questions about me and my practice.
Psychotherapy can help you:
- Introspectively identify and understand your feelings and thought patterns
- Examine your early experiences and how they influence your current behaviors and expectations of self and others
- Improve relationships
- Overcome fears, worries, and insecurities
- Increase coping skills
- Make sense of and process traumatic experiences
- Recognize your true identity separate from symptoms
- Identify triggers that worsen your moods, behaviors, or sleep patterns
- Understand why things bother you and what you can do about them
- Understand self-sabotaging habits, and overcome them
- Examine unhelpful patterns and negative thought loops
- Develop, set, and meet short and long term goals
- Cultivate a sense of peace and acceptance for your true self
- Increase life satisfaction and happiness!
What to expect?
My current office is warm and inviting, with a serene waiting area with en suite facilities and complimentary tea, coffee, and cocoa. There is private parking and the building is well maintained. It is not wheel chair accessible at this time. Depending on your availability, most people attend therapy weekly at first and reduce sessions as their coping skills improve and symptoms (anxiety, depression, mood instability, relationship conflicts, behavioral issues, etc) decrease. In my practice the first few sessions are spent getting to know each other, listening to the presenting problems and history, exploring goals, and determining if I am a good fit to help you best meet your goals.
Long term therapy is used to decrease symptoms of distress through compassionate self reflection and confidential talk therapy which includes the exploration of relationship patterns, personal thought processes, feeling and triggers.
How much does therapy cost?
My base rate is $120 per session hour but I do accept a sliding scale based on what you can afford. I never want someone to skip mental health care because they cannot afford the professional services; please contact me to discuss your needs and your financial concerns.
How do I pay?
I accept check, exact cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, PayPal, Venmo, Chase Bill Pay, and most HSA/FLEX spending credit cards (please check with your plan). I will provide a detailed, itemized receipt upon request for out-of-network health insurance reimbursement.
Do you accept insurance?
I do not participate in any insurance plans; I am fee for service and offer a sliding scale to individuals and families with low incomes. I can provide a detailed receipt for out-of-network reimbursement.
Do you work after school hours or weekends?
Yes! I work daytime hours, evenings, and Saturdays!
How do I get started?
Please fill out the contact form, email me, or call to set up an initial consultation!